We offer continuous education on all levels and under the same roof: kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and college. On all levels, subjects are taught in German and English. However, bilingualism is not a prerequisite for joining the school. At our SIS bilingual college, we guide young people to achieving the nationally recognised bilingual Swiss Matura and/or the globally recognised International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
Our bilingual kindergarten offers a stimulating and supportive learning environment for children aged three to six years. The immersion method invites children to fully delve into a language and quickly enables them to use the new language in a natural way.
Bilingual Primary School
At our primary school, students acquire high-level language skills in both German and English. We aim to empower students and give them a voice in their learning process.
Bilingual Secondary School
Following primary school, SIS Basel offers a two-year bilingual secondary school programme. Here, students are prepared for continuing their education at college or the international track. At the SIS Bilingual College, students graduate with the nationally recognised bilingual Swiss Matura (Hausmaturität) and in the international track with the IB Diploma.
College students at SIS are encouraged and challenged to achieve two qualifications in two languages. We prepare students for the nationally recognised bilingual Swiss Matura (Hausmaturität) and, optionally, for the globally recognised International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
With the IB Diploma, the students at SIS Basel have the opportunity to obtain a globally recognised university entrance qualification.
What are the advantages of a bilingual education?
Bilingual education over a number of years as implemented by SIS results in near-native fluency in the second language. The immersion method of language learning, which is used at SIS, not only promotes children’s language acquisition but also their…More questions?
- bilingual from day one of kindergarten through to college
- our dedicated team of educators of German and English native speakers, who regularly take part in internal and external further training
- transfer from one educational level to the next without needing to sit admission examinations
- an open, multicultural and nurturing learning environment
- structured, varied and diverse day school concept
- choose from three specialised subjects: “economics and law”, “biology and chemistry”, and “physics and applications of mathematics”
- double diploma possible: bilingual Matura and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma